Pleasant Hill Vineyards and Winery
The Pleasant Hill Vineyards and Winery is an ideal venue to host a romantic country wedding. You’ll instantly fall in love with this majestic venue nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains foothills. It’s a gorgeous location to exchange vows with your soulmate, and I can be there to photograph every magical moment.
This Tennessee Valley winery is a tranquil place to host either an outdoor or indoor wedding. Its rustic, grape vineyards are lovely backdrops for beautiful wedding day photographs. There are also jaw-dropping views of the Great Smoky Mountains.
Today, you’ll learn why The Pleasant Hill Vineyards and Winery is the perfect place to host your wedding. Guests praise the facility for its outstanding amenities and stellar five-star service. Wedding Wire awarded its Brides’ Choice Awards to Pleasant Hill Vineyards in 2012 and 2013. It also received the publication’s Couples’ Choice Awards in 2015.
Selecting a great venue is crucial for couples to enjoy a seamless, stress-free wedding. Choosing the right photographer is even more critical. You need a trained photographer that can tell your unforgettable love story to the world.
Erin Morrison Photography can deliver results, not promises, on your wedding day. Expertise Directory also named me to its 2018 and 2019 list of Best Wedding Photographers in the Knoxville, Tenn area. Contact me for more information.
Pleasant Hill Vineyards’ Historic Legacy
Pleasant Hill Vineyards and Winery is the latest incarnation of the Old Henry Farm in Blount County. The sprawling, Eastern Tennessee Valley estate dates back to the 1700s. Couples can host engagement parties, bridal showers, wine tastings, and weddings on the sedate, 80-acre farmstead.
Landowner Karen Henry restructured the Maryville farmstead in 2011. She always dreamed about running a wedding venue for couples. She worked with her estate manager, Charles Pullen, to create three separate venue areas – the forest, gazebo, and loft – that can host parties and other social events.
Pullen suggested that they add a vineyard to add splashes of beauty, romance, and grace to the historic property. They planted vines for the winery in April 2011. Sadly, the farmstead couldn’t produce wine during their inaugural year, since Tennessee’s laws restricted wine production. The farmstead could only sell grapes to customers. Later, the state’s legislature passed the Farm Winery Act that allowed the vineyard to craft wine.
Today, the vineyards can produce vintage wines onsite. Their business harvests more 6,000 lbs of grapes from their 750 Seyval Blanc vines every September. They transfer the produce into hoppers to start the wine fermentation process. The farmstead creates jellies and candies from all leftover fruit.
Your Storybook Wedding
Pleasant Hills Vineyards has four charming venues that can accommodate your bridal event.
- The Gazebo Ceremony Area – This large, outdoor location can seat 500 people. The spacious area has a manor-style gazebo and more than 100 acres of rolling green hills. Gorgeous gardens surround the ceremonial space.
- The Forest Loft Ceremony Area – Exchange your vows in this shady, outdoor park. This grassy venue seats up to 400 people. Guests can play on the tree swing and fire ring.
- The Loft Ceremony Area – This ceremonial venue is inside the old, Century barn. It has a chandelier and country church that seats up to 120 guests. Additionally, couples can prepare for their big day inside the Bride’s and Groom’s rooms. This location also features a Caterer’s Room where your vendor can prepare cuisine for your special day.
- The Wine Room – You can host your bridal shower or engagement party inside this full-service facility. The room can seat 125 people. It has digital projection equipment, WiFi, and catering services. You can hold your wedding inside The Wine Room for $1,750 (Monday through Thursday only). Call (865) 984-1530 for more information.
Additionally, Pleasant Hill Vineyards has an adjacent lawn where wedding parties can erect a tent area. You can also rent out their Pavilion Dance Floor where you can celebrate your first dance as a wedding couple.
Prepare for Your Wedding in Luxury and Privacy
The bridal couple won’t have to hunt for private places to dress for their wedding. The winery provides separate Bride’s and Groom’s rooms. Each suite offers comfortable leather seating, dress racks, a full bathroom, and kitchen areas. The bride’s room has a Bouquet Balcony.
Pleasant Hill Vineyards has a longstanding tradition where brides throw their wedding bouquets off of the balcony to guests. The facility also has a Caterer’s Room where vendors can prepare dishes for the reception.
The vineyards offer five wedding day packages. On Saturdays, wedding parties receive full access to the vineyards from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. The wedding day packages include the following amenities. Optional accessories aren’t included. They are available for an additional charge.
- Ceremony and Dining Chairs
- Beverage and Gift Tables
- Round Barn Tables
- 48-inch Cake Table
- 30-inch Cocktail Tables
- On-Site Personnel
- 40′ x 60″ Tent (Cocktail/Dance Area)
- Chair Covers
The facility bases all packages on the number of guests you’ll host at your wedding. Prices start at $3,500. Pleasant Hill offers a $1,000 discount for weddings hosted Monday through Thursday and a $500 price reduction for Friday weddings.
Bridal parties can host a rehearsal before the wedding. The facility will also help with event planning and booking rentals. Active duty military and first responders can receive a ten percent discount. Read their full list of wedding packages on this site. For more information, contact estate manager Charles Pullen for more information or call (865) 984-1530.
Pleasant Hill Vineyards has an active winery where they produce four outstanding wines. You can select the following varieties to serve at your wedding.
- Emma’s Acre: This crisp, dry wine belongs to the Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc families. The selection tastes pairs perfectly with pasta or seafood.
- Ruby’s Red: The vineyard’s dry Cabernet wine tastes great with anything, including steak and chops.
- The Blushing Bride: This semi-rose wine is a sweet blend of Seyval Blanc and Chambourcin. The winemaker uses a commemorative designer label for the bottle. This wine is a great gift for guests at bridal showers, weddings, and bachelor/bachelorette parties.
- Sweet Springs: This sweet wine is popular with Tennessee residents. It is perfect as an after-dinner, dessert wine.
Let Erin Morrison Photography Capture Your Love Story
Wedding days are unforgettable moments where couples vow to spend their lives together. You’ll need an experienced photographer to capture your special, romantic occasion. Erin Morrison Photography can deliver beautiful weddin photos that will tell your unique love story. I won’t treat your wedding day as a list of shots. My photos will document every important emotional moment. Allow me to photograph your wedding day. You can contact me here at any time!