The Bleak House Knoxville
Meet The Bleak House Knoxville. It’s a charmingly beautiful mansion right in the heart of Knoxville, overlooking the Tennessee River. With so much history, romance, and beauty, you’ll quickly fall in love with this beautiful home. Let’s explore everything this phenomenal venue has to offer.
The Bleak House Knoxville is currently known as the Confederate Memorial Hall. It was built in 1858 as a wedding gift for two newlyweds, Robert, and Louisa Franklin Armstrong. Clearly, it’s been around for a long time and has become one of the finest historic homes in all of the South.
The Historic Bleak House, also known as The Confederate Memorial Hall, is a historic mansion located in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States. It was built in 1858 as a wedding present for two newlyweds, Robert, and Louisa Franklin Armstrong. The house was the headquarters for Union and Confederate forces during the American Civil War.
During the Civil War, the house was used as a hospital for Union and Confederate soldiers. After the war, the house was used as a residence for various families, including the Bleak family, who owned the house from 1879 until the 1950s. In 1958, the house was converted into a museum.
The house is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is open to the public for tours and events. It features many artifacts, exhibits, and displays related to the Civil War, the Confederacy, and the house’s history and its owners. The mansion’s impressive architecture and beautiful gardens make it a popular spot for weddings, elopements, family photos, and other special events.
Knoxville Bleak House is located on Kingston Pike, and close to Cumberland Avenue and downtown Knoxville – a vibrant and bustling area that offers a mix of history, culture, and entertainment.
Cumberland Avenue is a major thoroughfare running through Knoxville, Tennessee’s heart. It has a vibrant mix of restaurants, shops, bars, and entertainment venues. It is a popular destination for both locals and visitors alike, especially since it is so close to the campus of The University of Tennessee.
One thing that makes Cumberland Avenue so charming is its eclectic mix of businesses. From traditional Southern barbecue joints and pizza places to trendy coffee shops and sushi restaurants, there’s something for everyone on this bustling street.
Downtown Knoxville, TN
A highlight of Knoxville is Market Square, a public square that serves as the city’s gathering place. It features a variety of restaurants, cafes, shops, and entertainment venues. Next to Market Square is Gay Street, which runs through the heart of the area. It has historic buildings, trendy boutiques, and various restaurants and bars.
For those interested in history, downtown Knoxville has several notable landmarks and museums. The East Tennessee History Center, located on Gay Street, houses exhibits that showcase the region’s history, including the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement. The Knoxville Museum of Art features a contemporary and modern art collection, while the Blount Mansion offers a glimpse into the city’s colonial past.
The house itself is an Italian Tuscany villa-style mansion. The architecture will make your mouth open as you step onto the property. (Don’t drool!) Outside, the grounds are filled with character thanks to the beautiful gardens designed and planted over 100 years ago. Five flat and grassed terraced levels descend towards the Tennessee River. The scenic river setting, lush gardens, and Greek-inspired architecture paint an incredible backdrop for unforgettable photographs.
Inside the mansion, you’ll find antique furniture, 17-foot ceilings, an artifact museum, a Southern historical library, and fascinating memorabilia. Can you picture yourself gliding down the beautifully crafted wooden staircase in your stunning wedding dress? Or how about kissing your loved one right beside the historic pillars and romantic tangled lights above? Memories like these are even better when you’re in a stunning location like this one. Everything about the Bleak House is so unique.
Looking to book Historic Bleak House for your wedding ceremony? Known for its stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and rich history, you can’t go wrong with securing this location for your big day. Here is what you can expect:
- Beautiful surroundings: The Historic Bleak House is a historic mansion that sits on a beautifully landscaped property. The property features lush gardens, a grand staircase, and a stunning pavilion that can be the perfect backdrop for your wedding day.
- Indoor and outdoor spaces: The Historic Bleak House offers indoor and outdoor wedding spaces. The mansion is for indoor ceremonies or receptions, while the gardens and pavilion are for outdoor ceremonies or receptions.
- Private suites: A charming bridal suite and a separate historical room for the groom/groomsmen to get ready. There’s plenty of space to accommodate your closest family and friends. Enjoy a relaxing drink and chat with your best pals before you say your “I do’s!”
- Flexibility: The Historic Bleak House offers various packages to meet your needs. You can choose from various catering options, decor styles, and other add-ons to create a wedding day that reflects your personality and style.
- Professional staff: The staff at The Historic Bleak House are experienced in hosting weddings and can help plan every detail of your big day. They can assist with everything from selecting vendors to coordinating the ceremony and reception.
- Guest list: The Bleak House can accommodate 100 guests inside the home or up to 300 outside in the gardens. This venue is perfect for smaller, more intimate weddings or grand festivities.
Bleak House prices are very competitive due to their high demand and are based on seasonal availability. Remember that winter weddings and weekdays are typically cheaper if you’re on a budget.
- Friday – Sunday $2100
- Monday – Thursday $1800
- March, November, and December
- Friday-Sunday $1800
- Monday – Thursday $1500
- January – February
- Any day $1500
Family Photography Sessions on Beautiful Grounds
If history and beauty make your heart skip a beat, you’ll want to check out Bleak House. This unforgettable venue is one of our area’s most unique and charm-filled locations. From the beautiful lush gardens, scenic Tennessee River view, impressive mansion, and overall historical romance, the Bleak House will take your breath away. Schedule a mini-session today to see and feel it for yourself. Picture-perfect memories are just a snap away.
Erin Morrison Photography
My ultimate goal is to capture all of the intimate and real moments. Each wedding or family session is met with attention and excitement. I know how big of a deal it is to choose your wedding and family photographer, and I am always overjoyed when clients choose me.
Feel free to check out my portfolio to understand my photography style! Contact me for more information if you think we’d be a great match.